The IFLA-PAC China Center Created
With the suggestions of the IFLA-PAC, the National Library of China was engaged in preparing for the creation of IFLA-PAC China Center. In 2004, with the approval of the Ministry of Culture, the IFLA-PAC China Center is established in the National Library of China.
The Main Tasks of IFLA-PAC China Center
1. Raise awareness of preservation issues;
2. Build preservation Network;
3. Translate the professional documents delivered by the IFLA-PAC;
4. Attend the IFLA-PAC Annual Meeting;
5. Hold the international seminar in the preservation and conservation field if the condition permits;
6. Encourage the development of national and international standards.
With the direction of the Coordination and Operation Division of NLC, the International Cooperation Division and the Rare Book and Special Collections Department will do the practical work. For the International Cooperation Division, the main tasks are: keeping contact with the IFLA-PAC International Center; attending the preservation; conservation conference; Organizing the translation of professional documents in this field; organizing the international seminar in the preservation and restoration field; handing in the report of China Center; Contribute articles to the IPN and disseminating it in China. For the Rare Books and Special Collections Department, Creation of the network (preservation email list); on-line reference; Organizing the training sessions on preservation, conservation and restoration; making national investigation in this field; organizing the international seminar in the preservation and restoration field.